The Lying Room

Title: The Lying Room

Author: Nicci Frence

Genre: thriller

Rating: 1

It should have been just a mid-life fling. A guilty indiscretion that Neve Connolly could have weathered. An escape from twenty years of routine marriage to her overworked husband, and from her increasingly distant children. But when Neve pays a morning-after visit to her lover, Saul, and finds him brutally murdered, their pied-à-terre still heady with her perfume, all the lies she has so painstakingly stitched together threaten to unravel.

After scrubbing clean every trace of her existence from Saul’s life—and death—Neve believes she can return to normal, shaken but intact. But she can’t get out of her head the one tormenting question: what was she forgetting?

An investigation into the slaying could provide the answer. It’s brought Detective Chief Inspector Alastair Hitching, and Neve’s worst fears, to her door. But with every new lie, every new misdirection to save herself, Neve descends further into the darkness of her betrayal—and into more danger than she ever imagined. Because Hitching isn’t the only one watching Neve. So is a determined killer who’s about to make the next terrifying move in a deadly affair…

My thoughts

Would I recommended? No

Would I read more by this author? No

This is the first time I read anything by this author and after reading this I'm not sure if I want to read anything else by them. There was times I was so confused about what was going,and even when I went back to re read what I had already read i still didn't even understand it. And there was times I just wanted to DNF it but I kept hoping it would get better but it didn't , with that said I want to thank NetGalley for letting me read and at lest giving it a try