The Beautiful

Series" The Beautiful #1

Author : Renee Ahdieh

Genre:Young Adult

Rating : 1

In 1872, New Orleans is a city ruled by the dead. But to seventeen-year-old Celine Rousseau, New Orleans provides her a refuge after she's forced to flee her life as a dressmaker in Paris. Taken in by the sisters of the Ursuline convent along with six other girls, Celine quickly becomes enamored with the vibrant city from the music to the food to the soirées and—especially—to the danger. She soon becomes embroiled in the city's glitzy underworld, known as La Cour des Lions, after catching the eye of the group's leader, the enigmatic Sébastien Saint Germain. When the body of one of the girls from the convent is found in the lair of La Cour des Lions, Celine battles her attraction to him and suspicions about Sébastien's guilt along with the shame of her own horrible secret.

When more bodies are discovered, each crime more gruesome than the last, Celine and New Orleans become gripped by the terror of a serial killer on the loose—one Celine is sure has set her in his sights . . . and who may even be the young man who has stolen her heart. As the murders continue to go unsolved, Celine takes matters into her own hands and soon uncovers something even more shocking: an age-old feud from the darkest creatures of the underworld reveals a truth about Celine she always suspected simmered just beneath the surface.

My thoughts

Would I recommend it? NO

Will I be going on with the series ? No

Would I read anything else by this author? No

I was so hoping that this would be good but sadly for me it was not, all I can say is thank goodness it was just a sneak peek because other wish I would have DNF it , which I could of done with this but I was so hoping that with just the bit I was reading it would get better but it didn't, not once did I get lost in the story or did I want to to get to knew the characters, in fact I can't recall anything about them. With that said want to think Netgalley for letting me at lest trying it out.