Burn Zone blog tour

About Annabeth Albert

Annabeth Albert grew up sneaking romance novels under the bed covers. Now, she devours all

subgenres of romance out in the open—no flashlights required! When she’s not adding to her

keeper shelf, she’s a multi-published Pacific Northwest romance writer.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write.

Annabeth loves finding happy endings for a variety of pairings and is a passionate gay rights

supporter. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job

and wrangles two children.

Connect with Annabeth Albert

Imprint: Carina Press

eBook On-Sale: April 27, 2020

eBook ISBN & Price: 9781488057045, $4.99 USD

Book Description: Introducing Annabeth Albert’s Hotshots series—the

emotions and intensity of Chicago Fire with the raw, natural elements of

Man vs. Wild.

Danger lurks everywhere for Central Oregon’s fire crews, but the biggest risk of all might be

losing their hearts…

Smoke jumper Lincoln Reid is speechless to see Jacob Hartman among his squad’s new recruits.

Linc had promised his late best friend he’d stay away from his little brother. And yet here Jacob

is…and almost instantly, the same temptation Linc has always felt around him is causing way

too many problems.

Jacob gets everyone’s concerns, but he’s waited years for his shot at joining the elite smoke

jumping team, hoping to honor his brother’s memory. He’s ready to tackle any challenge Linc

throws his way, and senses the chemistry between them—chemistry Linc insists on ignoring—is

still alive and kicking. This time, Jacob’s determined to get what he wants.

Close quarters and high stakes make it difficult for Linc to keep his resolve, never mind do so

while also making sure the rookie’s safe. But the closer they get, the more Linc’s plan to leave

at the end of the season risks him breaking another promise: the one his heart wants to make

to Jacob.

Buy Links

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Burn-Zone-Hotshots-Book-1-ebook/dp/B07YCQ7VQW

B&https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/burn-zone-annabeth-albert/1133792901N:

iTunes: https://books.apple.com/us/book/burn-zone/id1481346634

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/burn-zone-2

Google:

Blog Tour Intro from Annabeth

I’m so thrilled to be here today celebrating my latest release, BURN ZONE, which is also my

15 th release from Carina Press and is available at all your favorite retailers! This is an older

brother’s best friend forbidden romance between two smoke jumpers on the same team. For

today’s excerpt I wanted to share one of the turning points early in the story, when things start to

shift towards the growing sensual tension between the heroes. I also loved this scene because

we’re in Linc’s head, and we get to see all the ways in which Jacob throws him for a loop. Linc’s

battle between what his heart wants and what he believes to be the right thing was so gratifying

to write—this is a hero who is loyal to his very core and who feels deeply. I hope you enjoy him

as much as I do!

Blog Tour Excerpt

[…] Linc ended up heading outside to the firepit like he hadn’t known all along where he was

headed. Jacob was just working on lighting the thing as the evening temperatures dropped.

“Need a hand?” he asked, squatting down next to him.

“Yours? Always.” Jacob was far too flirty for his family being close by, but Linc liked the

warmth in his tone too much to call him on it.

“Here.” Linc handed him some kindling. Same as with the baby, they worked together silently,

doing this task like they’d done it a thousand times before, when the reality was that the firepit

had always been Wyatt’s domain, not Jacob’s. He liked working alongside Jacob, something that

had both annoyed and buoyed him the last week, the way Jacob could often read his mind,

anticipate what he was about to ask.

And somehow once the fire was going, they ended up the only two out there in the big wooden

chairs, alone but not really. They sat in a companionable silence for a while before Jacob shifted,

leaning forward, voice a bare whisper. “You know, I’ve been thinking—”

“Please don’t.” Linc wasn’t trying to be funny. The look on Jacob’s face, at once mischievous

and earnest, so damn appealing, both turned him on and put him immediately on edge.

“We need to get this—” Jacob gestured between them “—out of our systems. Once and for

all.”

“No.” It didn’t work like that, and it spoke to how damn young Jacob still was that he thought

it did.

“Hear me out. One night. Then we can concentrate on work after. Put it behind us. Take away

the mystery maybe.”

Linc snorted. It might be simply curiosity for Jacob, but it sure wasn’t for him. “It wouldn’t

work.”

“Maybe not, but I at least want to try. You don’t?”

“I’m not an itch you scratch once.”

Carina Press Blog Tour Program: BURN ZONE by Annabeth Albert

Blog Tour Excerpt

“That sure of yourself, huh?”

More like he was that sure of Jacob, but he said nothing, just stood. His no might be firm now,

but he wasn’t made of iron either. Enough wheedling from Jacob and he might get twisted up

enough to agree to that ridiculous plan.

“Night. You have a nice time now with your family. And see you tomorrow. At work.” He

chose his words carefully, reminding them both about the two big reasons they couldn’t do

anything foolish.

“Just think about it,” Jacob urged.

“It’s cake time!” someone called from the house, saving Linc from answering. But he would.

He’d think about it all right. He’d think about it tonight, alone in his bed. And probably

tomorrow, in the shower. And he’d want it, just like he had for years now, every cell in his body

aware of what he could have but wouldn’t allow himself. Lord, how he’d want it, especially now

that Jacob had made this diabolical little offer. One night.

And it didn’t help that a small piece of himself kept whispering, It might work. Never know. It

could work. That part was wrong, of course, but it spoke to his want, wormed its way into his

thoughts until he wasn’t sure how long his willpower could hold out.

My thoughts

Rating 4

Would I recommend it it ? yes ,but only to the ones that like or even love same sex romance.

Would I read more of this series ? Yes. In fact I can't wait to read book two when I can get it .

Would I read more by this author? Yes

What a great start to a new series about finding the one that your meant to be with , I've read other romance series that deal with firefighters but I've never read one that was of the same sex and this one was right up my ally , because out of all the romance I do read male /male romance is one of my all time favorite ones to read. And this time around I loved how slow that romance was going between Jacob and Linc , and while you could feel the heat and the passion between the tow of them ,you also that the feeling that while Linc wanting to be with Jacob , he thought he wasn't good enough to be with him and kept remembering the promise he made to Jacob's brother ( who I didn't like all that much ). But the hearts wants what the hearts wants and some times you just got to  listing to it. And the more you read the more you come to understand these two characters and come to know that they have a long road ahead of them until they get their forever happiness. So if your looking for a romance book that you can sinking your teeth into then this might be for you because it has ever thing you could want :  emotional romance, hot guys, and the author did a great job  on how she  captures the danger that both Linc and Jacob face, not only through training but the day to day tasks of their job and of course, when there’s actual fires to be fought.With that said I would love to say thank you to Harlequin - Carina Press for inviting me to read and review this as well as letting me fell in love with the characters as well as a bug thank you to NetGalley .