Cilka's Journey

Title: Cilka's Journey
Series: The Tattooist of Auschwitz
Author: Heather Morris
Rating: 2

Cilka is just sixteen years old when she is taken to Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp, in 1942. The Commandant at Birkenau, Schwarzhuber, notices her long beautiful hair, and forces her separation from the other women prisoners. Cilka learns quickly that power, even unwillingly given, equals survival.
After liberation, Cilka is charged as a collaborator for sleeping with the enemy and sent to Siberia. But what choice did she have? And where did the lines of morality lie for Cilka, who was sent to Auschwitz when still a child?
In a Siberian prison camp, Cilka faces challenges both new and horribly familiar, including the unwanted attention of the guards. But when she makes an impression on a woman doctor, Cilka is taken under her wing. Cilka begins to tend to the ill in the camp, struggling to care for them under brutal conditions.
Cilka finds endless resources within herself as she daily confronts death and faces terror. And when she nurses a man called Ivan, Cilka finds that despite everything that has happened to her, there is room in her heart for love.

Would I recommend it? No
Will I read anything else from this author: No
I don't want to make people made or upset when and if they read this, because I can understand that a lot of people either liked it or hated it,  I'm sad to say that I will not be reading this author again. And you may be asking why, since I love historical fiction especially WW 2 historical fiction, but in this case the author and her writing style isn't for me. When I go into either a nonfiction or a historical fiction based on or about WW 2 I want to feel something, I want to see the characters come to life before my very eyes, see the places that the author and the characters are talking about, and feel what they feel and going though. And while quite of lot of people have said that they all felt that with this story, unfortunately that didn't happen for me. There were times I just want to put it down and not finish it at all, but a part of me was hoping that the story would get better ,that I would see the characters come to life, or the story would make me feel something but it didn't . With that said I want to thank NetGalley for letting me read and review it