July's Reviews

Description

Two brutal murders, a menacing band of poachers, and a fearsome creature on the loose in the mountains plunge Mattie Cobb and her K-9 partner Robo into a sinister vortex.

An explosion outside a community dance sends Mattie Cobb and Cole Walker reeling into the night, where they discover a burning van and beside it the body of outfitter Nate Fletcher. But the explosion didn't kill Nate--it was two gunshots to the heart.

The investigation leads them to the home of rancher Doyle Redman, whose daughter is Nate's widow, and the object of one of their suspect's affection. But before they can make an arrest, they receive an emergency call from a man who's been shot in the mountains. Mattie and Robo rush to the scene, only to be confronted by the ominous growl of a wild predator.

As new players emerge on the scene, Mattie begins to understand the true danger that's enveloping Timber Creek. They journey into the cold, misty mountains to track the animal--but discover something even more deadly in Tracking Game, the fifth installment in Margaret Mizushima's Timber Creek K-9 mysteries.

Rating: 5
This is my first time reading anything by this author and I'm so glad I request this book to read and review , its the type of book I like to go to , where its a mystery, a littler romance ( that doesn't take away from the story) , and that the main characters are either police or search and rescue that work with an animal partner.This story had me hooked from the story and I actually read it in a day , I just couldn't put it down , the author's characters came to life  before my eyes and I had to know what was going on, what was going to happening next and who doing it and why, I loved the team work between Mattie and Robo , and loved how Mattie felt about Cole and his daughters , anyone who loves animals will love this series and will want to read it to the very end , so much so that I now want to read books 1-4 of this series , With that said I want to thank Netgalley for letting me read and review it .

Rating :5
Description
Every autumn, Moonbright, Maine, is the picture of charm with its piles of crisp leaves, flickering jack-o’-lanterns … and a touch of the sweetest kind of enchantment.

Witches, goblins, the occasional ghost—they’re all sure to be spotted at the annual Halloween parade, where adults and children alike dress in costume to celebrate Moonbright’s favorite holiday. And no place has more seasonal spirit than Bellaluna’s Bakeshop, a family business steeped in traditional recipes, welcoming warmth—and, legend has it, truly spellbinding, heart-melting treats …

Between good-natured Halloween tricks, frothy pumpkin lattes, and some very special baked goods, for three Moonbright residents looking for love—whether they know it or not—the spookiest thing will be how magical romance can suddenly be …

My thoughts
Loved it ,each author has a cute and sweet Romance story in it that has to do with magic and finding your one ture love, and at the end of the stories you get the recipe for the cookies that was made in the stores , each one will have you either smiling or laughing ,with that said I want to thank Netgalley for letting me read and review it exchange for my honest opinion.

Description

At the stately Mariners Hotel, a breathless man rushes into the lobby and dashes upstairs to see a dapper guest. But moments later he discovers that his friend has been murdered…
Sukey Reynolds has finally realised her ambition to become a fully-fledged detective, earning her stripes and joining the police force. After years as an amateur sleuth, she is now a proper investigator. But will she do it by the book? Can she resist a bit of extra snooping?
When Sukey receives news of her first murder case at the elegant Mariners Hotel, she is intrigued. Who could possibly have wanted to hurt Dr Whistler, a shy and retiring archaeology professor? The dusty documents he was carrying couldn’t possibly be of value, could they?
You would never expect this sophisticated establishment to be home to murder. What secrets are hiding inside the charming Mariners Hotel?
Sukey’s superiors are convinced that Dr Whistler’s visitor is his killer, but Sukey isn’t so sure and decides to do a little side-sleuthing. Someone in the hotel has a secret, but who is it? The bewildered bellboy, the meddlesome manager or the reclusive receptionist?
A mysterious phone call leads Sukey to the truth, but as a rookie detective, will anyone believe she has what it takes to solve this baffling mystery?
Do you love cozy mysteries by Agatha Christie, Faith Martin and Joy Ellis? If so, make this twisty and absolutely page-turning whodunnit your next read!
This book was previously published as Alpha, Beta, Gamma… Dead.

Rating:5
This series keeps getting better and better with each book ,one of the things I love is how much her main character comes to live and seems to grew , and the story never lets me down , with that said I want to thank Netgalley for letting me read and review it exchange for my honest opinion.