Great start for a new author and series

The Quiet Hours  - Michael Scanlon

In a town full of liars, no one is safe.
When Detective Finnegan Beck is demoted from his high-powered job in Dublin and relocated in disgrace to the small Irish town of Cross Beg, he predicts boredom will be his biggest threat.

It’s a sleepy backwater, a forgotten town of narrow alleyways that lead from the cathedral down to the river, and towards the bogland beyond. It’s a place where seemingly nothing – good nor bad – has happened. Not for a long time.

But when a teenage girl is found dead in the woods a mile from town, and a seemingly-harmless local drifter is arrested, Beck has an instinct that someone with far darker motives is behind the crime.

It seems that everyone in Cross Beg has something to hide though. Wading through layers and layers of lies, and generations upon generations of secrets, he believes he’s finally getting closer to the truth.

That is, until the killer strikes again…

This debut novel from a powerful new Irish voice is the first in a gripping series that will feature his charismatic detective, Finnegan Beck.

My thoughts
rating 4 stars
Great start to a new series as will to a new author , as soon as I read what was on the cover the cover in town full of lairs no one is safe I knew had to see if i could get it to read, and what can i say i actually likes it way better then I thought I was going to , I loved how the main character at times reminded my of Hercule Poirot's and that he had flaws that he knew about and that he wasn't going to let them stop him, I also liked that one of the characters has a hand in the LGBTQIA , and I can't wait to read more by this author or from this series. With this said I would like to thank Netgalley for letting me read and review it in a change for my honest opinion