Just 3 stars for me

The Taken Girls - Lawrence Sanders

Someone is watching them…

When a missing teenage girl reappears unharmed but pregnant, the case falls to DI Edina Ogborne, the newest recruit of Canterbury Police. But Ed’s already got her hands full with a team who don’t want her, an ex who won’t quit, and terrible guilt over a secret from her past.

As Ed investigates the case, she discovers Canterbury has seen this crime not once, but several times before. And when Ed and her detectives encounter missing historic police files, falsified school records, and Ed’s new lover as a prime suspect, it becomes clear that the system has been corrupted.

Can Ed find the kidnapper behind these depraved crimes before he strikes again? Or has time already run out?

My Thoughts
Rating :3
Slow going into the story , kept bring up parts of Ed's past we already know about, I mean come on you already told us a some of her past that happened when she was a teenager ,you didn't have to keep remind us it, and she kept making stupid decision that could and would and have affected her job, a job she wants and loves . Would have finished it sooner but there was times I just wanted to put it down.Glad I didn't because even though it's slow , it does pick up a little bit not that much , and other thing I can't sstand was how the author also kept bring up the past of one of Ed's teammates, and once again we didn't need to be reminded of . So I the question I'm asking myself right now is this a new series and if it is I want to go on with it, and it's a maybe for right now. With that said I would like to thank Netgalley for letting mme read and review it in change for my honest opinion.