The Winter Sister - a suspenseful story

In this spellbinding and suspenseful debut, a young woman haunted by the past returns home to care for her ailing mother and begins to dig deeper into her sister’s unsolved murder.

Sixteen years ago, Sylvie’s sister Persephone never came home. Out too late with the boyfriend she was forbidden to see, Persephone was missing for three days before her body was found—and years later, her murder remains unsolved.

In the present day, Sylvie returns home to care for her estranged mother, Annie, as she undergoes treatment for cancer. Prone to unexplained “Dark Days” even before Persephone’s death, Annie’s once-close bond with Sylvie dissolved in the weeks after their loss, making for an uncomfortable reunion all these years later. Worse, Persephone’s former boyfriend, Ben, is now a nurse at the cancer center where Annie is being treated. Sylvie’s always believed Ben was responsible for the murder—but she carries her own guilt about that night, guilt that traps her in the past while the world goes on around her.

As she navigates the complicated relationship with her mother, Sylvie begins to uncover the secrets that fill their house—and what really happened the night Persephone died. As it turns out, the truth really will set you free, once you can bear to look at it.

The Winter Sister is a mesmerizing portrayal of the complex bond between sisters, between mothers and daughters alike, and forces us to ask ourselves—how well do we really know the people we love most?

My Thoughts
Five stars all the way
Wow just wow
First off I would defiantly recommend this book to my friends.
It's as suspenseful as I was hoping for as well as having that dark twisted I love in books.
Because as soon as I started reading I couldn't stop , it pulled me in to the story and had me hooked from the very beginning and wouldn't let go because I had to know what happened and why .
It even made me question wither Sylvie and Persephone had anything to do with Persephone's murder or if she some how know who did it because she was keeping secrets from the sister's, and how she played them off against one other .The entire time I was read The Wine Sister I dislike their mother ok ,so it was more then dislike ,I plan out hated her. It also had me question whether Ben was killer and he was other person I didn't like very much as was Persephone because of how she acted tours her mother and sister . Like I said before this book is definitely suspenseful with a dark twist that I didn't see coming .And it seems like everyone has secrets to tell more so than others. It even had me going back and forth between Persephone's mother and her boyfriend on who killed her.Because of how crazy her mother seems and how her boyfriend acts. To find out more you have to read the book.With that said I would love to give a big thanks to the publisher for inviting me to read and review The Winter Sister as well as to Netgalley in change for my honest opinion.Can't wait to see what else this author comes up with.