DNF at 8%

Book synopsis

Young Morrigan, the daughter of a local aristocrat, is full of innocence and life. Angus Wulfe is an eccentric and devious doctor who stalks her while he cultivates a plan to win her affection. Their two worlds collide in a grisly twist of fate when the Plague arrives on the shores of their town. With no cure in sight, and bodies dropping incrementally every day, the doctor uses his influence, along with his reputation in medical advances - stemming from his clandestine and macabre experiments-to manipulate Morrigan’s father.

In return for her hand in marriage, the doctor would save her life. Clinging to life, Morrigan begins to feel a change. Has the doctor cured her, or did her father make a deal with the Devil?

My Thoughts DNF at 8%  10/20/18
Why :

while it does have the creepiness, and the darkness as well as the gruesomeness in that I love about horror ,it's like I'm reading or trying to read a new take on Frankenstein ,which even though is a classical gothic horror , is not one of my favorite books to read. If I wanted to read or even re read Frankenstein I would and have .but this unfortunately has some things in that is Frankenstein has ,  but is a some what of a new take.On that note I'm not saying not to read it that's up to you but unfortunately this is not for me. Thanks Netgalley for letting me read and review it in change for my honest opinion.